Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Proud, proud, proud......of my kids

October, 21st is birthday of my son Dino Busuladzic

This is his Facebook post

2010-05-04_07-38-35
Well... another bday behind me and I must say getting older feels strange. One thing is for sure, I have the best friends and family I could have ever hoped for. Excuse the moment of reflection and the sappy nature of this post. Maybe it's 
the realization that life is moving faster than I'm comfortable with, maybe the fact that it's past midnight, or it's this jack and coke, either way.

Unfortunately, I get too busy to count my blessings sometimes. I've experienced quite a bit in twenty five years, more than most, and I'm beyond fortunate to have parents who make their kids their number one priority in life, a sister who is beautiful and loves me even when I'm a complete douche (for the lack of a better word) and friends who are there for me at the drop of a hat. These bday posts remind me how much each person has played their part in my life and that geography and time haven't changed a thing. I'm not under the Mitt Romney illusion (I had to, It's election season), I realize that I wouldn't have made it to 25 and achieved the things I have without the aforementioned people. My parents have sacrificed and still sacrifice in order for my sister and I to be happy; sacrifice I often take for granted and most people couldn't even begin to comprehend. I truly am a lucky man...

Anyway, it's easy to get down a times, but life is good! God willing there will be another quarter century to celebrate, and If I'm lucky enough to have all you wonderful people around me for another twenty five, I'm sure there will!

Thank you, Danke, Hvala. I Love you all, Ich Liebe euch alle, Volim vas, from the bottom of my Bosnian Heart :) !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment